Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

For Girls Only!

Today I'm going to the girly doctor for my annual check up. I'm not sure how most women feel about this but it scares me to death! There are so many things that can go wrong with the female body and so far I've had somewhat of a clean slate so I feel as if one of these visits I'm going to strike out.
Cancer is so common these days especially around women in my age group that I can't help constantly being paranoid, "Do I have....it?"   My mother has had both Cervical Dysplasia and a few years later Uterine Cancer...she almost struck out but then dodged the bullet. Having my mom diagnosed with both of these "Girly Cancers" only increases my risk for them which increases my already paranoid dramatic nature.
My favorite part is how it takes weeks to get the results of the pap back and they say, "We'll let you know one way or the other what the results are in a few weeks." That's nice.  It cracks me up that in a world where there is streaming video, iPhones, Kindles, Digital EVERYTHING but yet it still takes weeks to get lab results back.
Hopefully this will be the last discussion on this subject until next year. Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, when technology is so great, why do they always tell you, we'll let you know in a few weeks?! Since it has been diagnosed in your family, it's always in the back of your mind. I have been lucky in that respect. I hate the yearly appointment, too. I always treat myself to the most chocolatest, drippiest, gooiest, self-indulging sundae I can find afterward. Here's to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to inform you that they said it would take 1-3 weeks and they now drop complimentary mailings to you instead of a personal phone call to let you know whether it's regular or irregular...nice.

    ReplyDelete