Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Adapting to Healthy Eating

It's been a week since my family has decided to incorporate healthier eating habits and to my surprise, it has gone over quite well. We need to make a few adjustments here and there but I'm very pleased with the overall results especially MY results!
I'm feeling a lot better and although I know it is too soon to see results but I feel like I've lost some weight! Weight loss is not the goal (which my brother constantly reminds me of)...our goal is to change our current eating habits to healthy eating habits.
After becoming a stay at home mom, I began cooking more homemade meals which I always considered to be healthier than serving up a frozen dinner or sticking an item in the crock pot all day and adding some simple boxed side items to go along with it.
Well, apparently I've been wrong. The meals that I've been serving have been filled with saturated fats, high calorie, high sugar, blah blah blah.  (you get my point)
Here are my top ten healthy eating notations for the week:

1) How did my kids did not notice the switch of 2% to Skim?
2) I now understand "Fish Tacos"  :)
3) How is it that I'm eating MORE...???
4) YOGA is back in my life!!!! It's been too long...I forgot what it was like to really BREATHE!!!
5) My kids love snacking on only healthy items??? (lite yogurt, pretzels, fruit)
6) NO BROWN RICE (inside joke between me and my husband)
7) Crystal Light on the go is my new best friend!
8) I used to consume THAT many calories??? Wow!
9) After eating fat free sour cream for the 10th time it starts tasting good...same with cottage cheese
10) We lost the remote to our TV and I still think my husband may have eaten it :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Glad you are eating better. I would have thought homemade meals are healthier but thanks for pointing that it's not necessarily true. Thanks for the tips. And I will guard the remote control here!

    ReplyDelete