Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Do I Look Lost???

So today, while Nora and I were chowing down some donuts from Butler's Bakery, I spotted a guy with a Jesus hat on outside. I could smell it instantly as he gave us the stare down...he opened the door, "NOOOOOO" I thought to myself, but then it happened. He came straight for us, hands me a card with a Bible passage on it and says, "Jesus Christ is the Lord and Savior, please take this and be blessed. "So the beyatch in me instantly got pissed  that he caught me in mid chomp on my donut. Most importantly the fact that he imposed upon me and my daughter, solicited and thought maybe for some reason that we needed saved or were non-Christian.  I answered very rudely, "No Thanks!" "May God bless you" he said, and then walked towards Mr.Donut Guy behind the counter, recited the same thing but of course Mr.Donut Guy had to make me look bad and accepted the piece of paper and smiled at the Jesus man. But, he did throw the piece of paper away as soon as Jesus guy walked out the door.Un
Anyway, my question is...did I look lost? Did I look UN-Christian? Did I appear as though I needed to read whatever the Bible passage was at that very moment? What gives people the right to shove their Christian beliefs upon others? Not to mention soliciting religion to paying customers in a donut shop? I've had this happen to me before as I'm sure just about everyone has, but this guy appeared at the wrong time, at the wrong place and solicited the wrong person.
I wanted to tell this Jesus guy that I believe in God and Jesus Christ and that I've read the Bible several times  and that I was a Christian and had gone to a Lutheran church since I was practically born. I've been baptized and confirmed, went to a private school for 9 years...I may even know more about the Lord Jesus Christ than he did so what gave HIM the right to come up to me and pass judgement thinking that I was lost?
What if I wasn't Christian? What is he wasn't Christian? If he were Satanic or Jewish would Mr. Donut guy have accepted his piece of paper?  Would that piss people off just as pissed as I was regarding someone shoving Christianity in my face?
I have 2 simple rules that I live by:
1) Religion is private
2) Politics are private
I wish more people felt the same. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment