Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Anti-Diet

Since my last blog, "Am I Just Fat?" I've been thinking...maybe a diet is not what I need. Obviously it does not work for me. Yesterday after posting, "Am I Just Fat?", it was an eye opener for me and very therapeutic getting the words out. Today I've come to a wonderful and happy decision to go on the Anti-Diet. To me a diet is something that is temporary. I plan on mildly changing my eating habits, cutting back portions, eating times and monitoring my fat and sugar intake.  This Anti-Diet I'm going on is life long. I figured maybe if I go into this knowing that it's a permanent change, then the possibilities of crashing won't be there since there is no pressure of a goal. I'm throwing everything out the window and starting new. I'm very excited about this because I'm only going to make slight changes which will make me feel like I'm not completely losing control.
I foresee three main problems for me:
1) Not eating anything after 7pm
2) Incorporating 15 minutes (in the beginning) of walking daily and/or Yoga
3) Eating Breakfast
I'm also going to be giving myself a salad plate for my dinners rather than a dinner plate which will help me with portion control.
Wish me luck!!!
By the way...if you do not have an exercise ball, I highly recommend getting one...this is one of my all time favorite stretches. It opens up the chest and takes pressure off of your neck and shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment