Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday...the Day of Rest

My Grandmother told about how back in the day, she and her family did NOTHING but go to church on Sundays. Why? Because it was considered the "Day of Rest."  This was back in the old school days when  nothing was open and all there was to do was go to church, go home or maybe visit with friends. I believe that the Amish are the only people who still practice this tradition...what a smart bunch of people!
So I began thinking, "Why don't we have a day of rest??" With all of the hustle and bustle that we do nowadays with working, sporting, gaming, texting, all of the ing's....I do declare that Sunday should be "ing-less" Wouldn't that be nice? For me that would mean no dishes(dishing), picking up after the children, bathing, washing clothes-ing, gardening...my question is, "What would we do??"   First of all, for this to happen, someone would have to medically sedate me in order to get me to do nothing.  My brain would probably then feel as though it turned to mush and you'd see drool dripping off the side of my mouth.
Well, I guess what sounds like a good idea probably worked back in the old school days but in todays world it would be impossible and more of a loss rather than a relaxation. Time is more precious, communication is demanded and all of the "ings" are being done daily because it's what comes natural to us in today's society.
So I'll continue to go about especially right now with my bloggING. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment